List of to Visit Places in Penang
So there are always new places to try, especially to eat.
But I’ve noticed that because many of them are stalls with varying times of the day they are open, I haven’t been very effectively at going to them. Especially since in this heat, walking from one location to another is burdensome, I have to be very precise in where I am heading, versus my normal MO of heading in the general neighborhood and then walking.
So this is my first attempt at trying to put some sense and order to where I’m trying to go by breaking them down into times (morning, afternoon, and night):
Tiger Char Koay Teow @ Carnavon Street
- Carnavon Street and Lebuh Melayu
- 179 Carnavon Street
- Hours: 8AM to 2:30 PM
Pitt Street Koay Theow Th’ng
- Between Malay and Prangin
- GPS: N05 25.093 E100 19.965
Char Siew @ Carnavon
- Arrive by 12:15pm or it’s over
- Carnavon & Cheonng Fatt Tze
The char siew was alright. I also tried the roast pork and duck. Nothing incredible. I prefer Sky Hotel better.
Keng Pin Coffee for Chicken Rise
- 11AM - 1PM
- Penang / Sri Bahari
International Hotel Nasi Kandar
- Best get there around 11:30 AM
- Jalan Transfer at the corner of Jalan Sekerat
- Suggested Items:
- Whole fish with onions
- Eggplans with chili
- Burma Road and Lorong Macalister
- Open at around noon but varied
Anonymous Penang Porridge
- Business Hour: 11.30am till 4pm
- Closed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- GPS Coordinates: N 5 24.817 E 100 19.794
- The stall is located at Gaik Ten coffee shop along Magazine road, just opposite Trader’s Hotel.
Char Koay Teow – Khoon Hiang Cafe
- Address: Khoon Hiang Cafe, Jalan Dato Keramat
- Opening Hours: 8.30am – 2.30pm (closed on Thursday)
Kimberly Street Char Koay Teow
The stall is outside Kedai Kopi Sin Guat Keong and is one of the famous 4 in Kimberly Street. It is different from others as it is served with mantis prawn. It is a famous hangout place for supper hunters at night. Average price ranges from RM3.20 to RM4.90.
- Address: Kimberley Street 四大天王 (Stall outside Kedai Kopi Sin Guat Keong)
- Opening Hours: 5:30pm – 12midnight (Daily)
Sky Hotel Wai Kee Char Siew
This was excellent, especially the char siew, soup and greens combination. I’d come back for lunch.
Sky Cafe 348 Chulia Street Penang
Business Hour : 11.30am – 2.30pm
GPS Coordinates : N5 2507.6 E100 2006.7
Right afterwards, just a block away behind, is the below Nyonya store. It’s a great combination.
Moh Ten Pheow Nyonya Kuih
- 53, Muntri Street,, 10200, Pulau Pinang, Pulau Pinang 10200
Kek Seng Ais Kacang
- What2See Kek Seng Coffee Shop 382 – 384 Penang Road 10000 Penang Business Hour : 11am – 4.30pm GPS Coordinates : N05 2459.4 E100 1946.5
Koay chiap stall @ Kimberly
- Between Cintra and Pintal Tali
De Happy Restaurant
- 58, Macalister Road
- North and South Indian Food
- 11AM - 11PM
- No. 20 Lebuh Pasar
- Opens at 6pm
Chulia Street Fried Snacks
Business Hours : 8pm – 11.30pm Closed : Monday & Tuesday GPS Coordinates : N 0525’5.66″ E 10020’11.36″